This is the last week of September which means this is the last post for the Suicide Prevention Series! This week’s focus is on positive messages to say to yourself as a reminder that you matter!
Positive reminders can be a very powerful yet small way to get rid of negative thoughts.
I am sure we have all experienced the feeling of being down because of the invasion of negative thoughts.
But in reality, our thoughts thrive off of how we are feeling internally.
This is especially heightened for those with suicidal thoughts.
It is a constant battle with yourself and having something to focus on or say to yourself to help focus on the positive can potentially help eliminate these negative thoughts.
So, to help you focus more on the positive and eliminate the negative here are 35 positive reminders to help uplift you when you are feeling down!
If you are interested in having positive affirmations for anxiety, self-esteem, or depression, you can find a list of them here!
31 Positive Reminders To Pick You Up When You Are Down
- Tough days are hard, but you are tougher!
- You have survived so many bad days, keep fighting!
- Every day is a new day!
- You got this!
- You are not alone in this fight!
- The world is a better place with you in it!
- You made it this far, don’t give up!
- Hold on to the bright and happy moments!
- Fight for the things that bring you joy!
- Your life is precious and deserves to be celebrated!
- You are brave, strong, and loved!
- When you fall, you are meant to rise!
- You are worthy of love and happiness!
- You are important!
- You are here for a reason, find your purpose!
- You are in control of your emotions!
- Don’t give up, you got this!
- Your fight will be tough, but it will be worth it!
- It is okay to ask for help – it shows how strong you are.
- Tough days are precursors to better days – they are coming, so keep fighting!
- There is no one like you in this world!
- What you feel on bad days will not last forever.
- Be proud of yourself for getting through all of the tough days!
- It is okay to take it slow, happiness and healing should not be rushed.
- How you feel is valid and matters!
- It is okay to cry, let it out!
- Be kind to yourself!
- Love who you are and do it unapologetically!
- Do the best you can and if the result isn’t perfection that is okay!
- Remember that you can handle anything thrown your way even when you feel like you can’t!
- Every day you are growing, some days have less growth than others, but that is still GROWTH!
YOU MATTER and I hope that this is the main message you gain from this post. You matter and if someone hasn’t told you that lately, I want to remind you that you are not alone in this.
You are not the only one fighting this battle. You will get through this and will persevere!
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, please call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifelineat 1-800-273-8255. This line is open 24/7.
I hope that you will find these positive reminders helpful!
They aren’t meant to heal you or make it magically go away, but it may help to ground you and see what brings you joy in life.
Leave a comment below of which reminder was your favorite and made you feel good!
Remember to share this on your socials to spread the positivity!
Pin it here!